Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Saving Goals

So I just updated the saving goal sidebar thing with some new goals. They're not so much new as they are... revealed.

The wedding fund is going alright. It's all I'm saving for, really. I'm trying to get as much saved before I have next to no money to contribute.

I want to have enough money to be able to buy a ticket whenever I need to to fly to Memphis. It's my second home and I have family there.

I learned from my fiancée that it's important to have an emergency fund so I don't have to put things on a credit card. The emergency fund is for things like if tires blow, or something needs to be fixed right away.

I've seen on my bank's website a thing called a term deposit. As I understand, if you put a certain amount of money in a term deposit (leave the money for a certain amount of time), you get a higher interest rate than if it were in a savings account. That sounds cool!

I'm getting married, and I'm gonna need a house for my family! So I need to save for a down payment for a mortgage. Gah, a mortgage. Now that's not so cool. It's possible that the term deposit above will filter over into this :) The term deposit is a "just because" kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment